Friday, October 1, 2010

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

I've just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. This book was all the rage some months ago but I held off reading it due to the mixed reviews I had received. It seemed that some folks loved it, others hated it and I didn't want to waste my time on something that I didn't know I would enjoy.

I saw the movie, subtitles and all, and from that point knew that it would be a good read. I was not disappointed.

It is true that the book seems to have lost something in its translation. It is a bit 'clunky' in places and some jumps in the story do not flow well. That aside, the story and the characters are spectacular. Both elements are strong enough that faults are easily forgotten as the reader moves through the book.

I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment